Saturday, November 11, 2023: 1:30pm - 5:30pm
This clinic is designed to enhance the technician’s ability to diagnosis and repair emissions systems on light duty diesel trucks. We will review diesel emission protocols which have been in place since the 2011 model year as they relate to the light duty diesel truck market. Operational strategies describing regeneration and DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) systems will be covered. We will focus on EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) systems and various exhaust sensors (DPFS, NOx, AFS, EGT) that are used on these light duty diesel trucks to control emissions. Aftertreatment systems including the DOC (Diesel Oxidation Catalyst), the NAC (NOx Adsorber Catalyst), the SCR (Selective Catalyst Reduction), and the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) are discussed in detail.
After completing this seminar, the student will have the knowledge to:
- Properly sevice light duty diesel truck emissions systems
- Diagnose a multitude of DTC's pertaining to aforementioned exhaust systems
- Discuss Regeneration strategies and the role DEF plays within
- Properly inspect and test all the exhaust sensors used within these complex emissions systems
- Evaluate scan tool data and fault codes through vehicle Case Study examples